Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Texas Frightmare Weekend!

I spent an entire weekend in Irving at the Sheraton Hotel for a horror convention, Texas Frightmare! It was amazing! I met SO MANY stars...including two of my all time favorites, George A. Romero and Cassandra Peterson AKA Elvira!
I met so many other stars and got pictures with them and autographs. Check out my Facebook page and friend me if you would like to see them! And while you are there, you can "like" my author page...woo hoo.

Some other great news is that while I was there, I got to spend a lot of time with fellow authors from the Library of the Living Dead Press, and the publisher himself, Mike...AKA Dr. Pus! We chatted Saturday morning by the pool before the con opened and he graciously gave me an editing job! It will be an anthology of zombie short stories for AND by kids/young adults! My own kids will be working on this with me, helping with cover art and contributing their own stories and art. Our goal is to publish everything that gets submitted (within reason) so that no child gets a rejection. I am super excited about this!

So, that is all for now. I will blog more later when I have more time. May the 4th be with you!

No comments: