Friday, June 10, 2011

So much has been going on!

I hope this isn't too long, but it's been awhile since I blogged.

My mom had back surgery last week. I have been with her all this week, helping her out and such. She lives "in the country" and it has been kind of nice to get away from everything for awhile. My mom & stepdad have a nice garden and we have been eating fresh veggies all week - what a perk!

My mom is doing great, recuperating well and coming along as expected. I have been spending a lot of time learning a new program to build websites this week. My part time job stopped a few weeks ago due to the business closing, so I have now started doing web design to earn money. I have a friend that owns a hosting company - he needed someone to design websites who can use Photoshop, and lo and behold, we happened to come to an agreement that I would be his designer. I am excited about the new program, Site Grinder, and glad I was at my mom's all week so that any free time I had was spent learning it and making a website that I needed to finish for a client.

Our community got a real shock this week. I got a phone call Tuesday from one of my best friends, telling me that a fellow friend and church member, who was also my oldest son's Youth Group leader, was killed in a tragic accident. He was on a golf course and lightning struck near by, killing him by traveling through the ground. We are all still in shock that such an amazing, wonderful man is gone from us - I cried, Peanut was so shocked that he couldn't speak, and Mikey told me Sammy cried several times that night at home. The services are tomorrow for Jay, and I know it will be packed - he was a very loved man in our community and church. His family is so sweet and kind - we got to see them for a bit last night and I am in awe of how wonderfully they are holding up. His youngest daughter, Maddie, is friends with Peanut. She is celebrating her 14th birthday today, and her dad's visitation is this evening. I will be praying hard during that time for her. That has got to be rough for that precious girl.

Anyhow, things are just moving along in life. Blessed beyond belief to have all that I have, my family and friends more than anything. I hope that now I will have more time to write - and that you may see more from me in the near future!

No comments: