Thursday, January 21, 2010

Picture It...Sicily...1942...

To my loyal readers (hi if you actually exist!) I am trying to keep my blog updated more frequently. It's been over 2 weeks now and I guess we are doing okay. Luckily, I have plenty to occupy my time and thoughts. Dealing with the 12 year old has been a constant battle, but I think we have come to some sort of middle ground for now, at least.

I've been spending every little minute of free time at home editing "Dead Set." The other editor, Joe McKinney, is a fast worker! He already finished his half and I am about a fourth of a way into mine! Alas, the sooner we get this part finished, the sooner the book will be published - so I am lighting a fire under my butt tonight!

I have several ideas for short stories and even for a book. My cousin and I have talked about collaborating on a journal-type book about a zombie invasion, but I have to wait until this editing job is finished. Scouts is taking up a lot of my time, and I have also just been informed by the boy's kung fu teacher that I will be in the Chinese New Year demo in Dallas, performing Tai Chi. Wow, thanks for the heads up! That's what I call being "voluntold!" I haven't done the 13 Golden Postures in almost 2 years, so I better dust off the "wave hands like clouds" and get on the ball!

On top of everything, I have a sick kiddo at home and I am still recovering from another ear infection! Something has got to give, man! These ear infections are kicking my butt! Antibiotics don't seem to doing their job. I might have to go see an ENT doctor...ugh...and by that I mean "ear, nose and throat" NOT a giant talking tree.

That's all for now, folks. I will try to update again next week. Hopefully I will have more interesting things to say by then.

1 comment:

© 2009, ZaBethMarsh said...

just wanted to say I'm reading blog. so please keep writing. can wait to read book you are editing. God Bless.