Thursday, July 8, 2010

Friends & Family...and Forgiveness

There are days that I look at my life and realize how lucky I am to have such wonderful friends and family. Not all of my friends are as close to me as I would like them to be...and some of my family is difficult for me to deal with sometimes.

The point is...I love them anyway. We (in general) do what we can for them, and we hope that they will do the same and love us as much as we love them. Remembering that everyone makes mistakes in life, we have to forgive. It's hard to forget...but we have to try. But then again, there are some things that we shouldn't forget, so that we don't put ourselves in a position to get hurt in the same way again.

It's hard when you try to do the right thing: for others, for yourself, for everyone involved. You might come out looking like "Miss Perfect" or "Self-Righteous" or just a plain-old "B*#ch!" So I sometimes wonder...why do I even bother? Why? I think it's because I do care so much. Because I can't just sit by idly and not at least SAY something. I always know that, in the end, I will probably be the door mat. I will be the one used and walked over...and maybe that is a little self-righteous in and of itself. But you know what? At least I can rest easy at night knowing that I did the right thing. If someone, anyone, is being horrible by doing ugly things to me or mine, would I not forgive, and do the same to them? No. That would make me just as bad as them. And what kind of example would that set?

Whether or not someone, friend, family, etc...who has wronged me has asked for my forgiveness or not, I have decided to give it anyway. It helps me to deal and to move on. Anything else they do, is their decision and they have to live with the consequences.

Nothing has happened recently to bring this post of mine on. I know that usually when I write something like this, a lot of people in my life start to think I am writing about them. Rest assured, I am not. This is all me preparing myself to face future experiences in a better way that I have faced them in the past. It just feels good to write this all out.

That is all, folks. The end!

No comments: